Sand coated iron mould
Sand coated iron mould process is a kind of special casting process. It is a kind of casting process that the thin layer of sand on the inner surface of the metal mold to form a mould. It has both the advantages of metal-type casting process and shell-type casting process.
1.casting 2. Coated sand layer 3.Under iron mould 4. Upper ironmould 5.Flask 6.Pin
Sand coated iron mould process
Advantage of Sand coated iron mould process
1. Thecasting has high precision and surface quality, and its quality and dimensionsare stable. The average dimensional accuracy is CT7-8, and the average surfaceroughness is Ra12.5.
2. Themechanical properties are generally improved. Compared with clay sand casting,the tensile strength of the same alloy can be increased by an average of about25%, and the yield strength can be increased by an average of about 20%.
3. Comparedwith sand casting, greatly reducing the amount of sand, saving more than 90% ofmodeling materials, reduce dust in the workshop, reduce environmental pollution.
4. Less equipment investment, convenient casting cleaning, low workshop requirements.
But, it has a big disadvantage, high mold cost, suitable for mass production.
Applications of sand coated iron mould process
1. Casting weight 1~500Kg, massproduction optimal weight 5~100Kg；
2. High dimensional accuracy andgood surface quality；
3. Requires the organization ofdense, intrinsically good castings；
4. Particularly suitable for theproduction of medium-sized nodular iron parts, which can fully utilize therigidity and cooling rate of the iron type；
5. Casting material: gray iron,ductile iron, alloy cast iron, cast steel；
1. Sand coated iron mould casting 20190226